Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Boo! Halloween Pumpkin Carving

At a camping trip this weekend, a friend announced an impromptu pumpkin carving competition. Of course, I had to bring my A-game, but sadly, I fell flat on my face. Armed with thumbtacks and a dull knife, I attempted:

1. A Car - specific instructions from The Little Boy. Of course, I went wild and decided to do a car leaping out of blazing flames. Only to have the car roof collapse in mid-carving. I probably would have won the prize for "But What The Heck Is That?" category.

2. A Princess - even more specific instructions from The Little Girl. We chose Snow White this year over Cinderella last year. I managed to butcher poor Snow White's face and even give her a cleft lip in the process. Hey, at least I got her hair nice and poufy.

11 comments:

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

never attempted anything like this...looks so tricky. you did an amazing job Ann. love both of these. neat and perfect.

My Kitchen Antics said...

i didnt get the car bit but you nailed the snow white id say..brilliant job.

suvi said...

I wouldn't have known the car, but well, my daughter recognised Snow White!

AJ said...

Wow!! Well done!!

Unknown said...

I'm guessing you got the blazing flames but no car. Snow White is cute. Never carved a pumpkin before so I have to say bravo to you. Good job!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

That is AMAZING! :o Your Snow White is just beautiful and such a fantastic likeness of her! :D

Bharathy said...

I probably would have won the prize for "But What The Heck Is That?" category.

ROFL :D :D

Ann you have just done a fabulous job!! I love the Car one! the flames the wiper the wheels and the bonnet are just perfect!..
Love cindrella too..the eyes and the hair and the smile are Awesome!..
You need real talent to do this, girl!!!

Great to know the sediments settled down (whew!!) :)..
yeah you can adjust the quantity of sugar acc to the quality of the grapes, Ann

I/m so happy you tried mine when there are lots of kerala wine recipes from expert celebrity bloggers ;)..
I chose this recipe as it was closest to the central kerala(kottayam) grape wine recipe!..
So carry on with the next batch ..you will be ready by christmas..give the feed backs and Blog it for Christmas!..
Ann,I/m telling you,you have taken up the painstaking Wine making Project :)

Bharathy said...

ah !sorry, read it as Snow white and not cinderella in the previous comment!

Joanne said...

I don't know WHAT you're talking about because that snow white looks awesome! you're a pumpkin carving ARTIST!

Unknown said...

Hey,

Beautiful designs...amazing pumpkins!!:)

Dr.Sameena@

http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Sarah Naveen said...

loved the cinderella... : )..I am yet to try my hand in this...
btw..yeah some how i liked girl with the dragon tattoo...